POSITION: Russian Language Analyst Reporter (LAR) Level III
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Russian Language Analyst Reporter (LAR) Level III performs tasks required to to draft intelligence reports from voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
The Level III LAR shall demonstrate the skills of the lower levels plus the following cryptologic language processing and reporting skills:
- Scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials
- Performing quality control review of translations and/or transcripts of complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Conducting target research and analysis
- Producing reports using appropriate formats for dissemination
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or equivalent from other countries.
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level III in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the Agency Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skills level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Twelve (12) years full-time combined cryptologic language processing, intelligence reporting based on foreign language materials, related language, and/or related cryptologic experience.
- In lieu of the Bachelor's Degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of sixteen (16) years' experience.
- At least eight (8) of the twelve (12) years' experience shall be in performing cryptologic operations language processing and intelligence reporting based on foreign language materials.
- At least six (6) of the twelve (12) years' experience shall be in the required language(s).
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in cryptologic language processing.
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and gisting.
- At least one (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in performing quality control review of ILR level III audio translations and/or text translations.
- For at least four (4) of the twelve (12) years' experience, reporting shall be an integral duty.
- One (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be within six (6) years of resume submission.
- One (1) of the four (4) years' experience in reporting shall be within five (5) years of resume submission.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
- When performed within Cryptologic Operations, the lower level tasks and the following task constitute acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: quality control of gists, translations, and transcripts; and mentoring language analysts in language processing.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable experience in intelligence reporting based on foreign language materials: conducting target research and analysis; monitoring classified and open sources for useful information; compiling and integrating information; analyzing collection-related information for tasking; producing and performing quality control of reports using appropriate formats for dissemination.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related language experience: oral interpretation (from the required language into English and vice versa); text translation (from the required language into English and vice versa); audio translation (from the required language into English); audio transcription in the required language; document exploitation that involves gisting/translation (from the required language into English), mentoring language analysts in language processing; and formal teaching of the required language in platform and/or online/distance learning environments.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related cryptologic experience within cryptologic operations: target development; network analysis; speaker identification; language identification; and document exploitation that involves sorting/categorizing/language identification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules). The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.