|POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with Polygraph
•Knowledge of Agile (Scrum and Kanban techniques) and lean methodologies
•Software configuration management (SVN) and CM tooling
•Technical experience to include JAVA, XML, Schematron, UI/UX development, and software development in Windows and Linux environments
•Ability to work as part of a development team
•Additional consideration will be given for experience with the following
•Customer security best practices (PKI, etc.)
•Experience with Jira, Confluence, or Git.
•Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.
Job Description: Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC 15288:
- Technical Process Area
- Stakeholder Requirements, Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
- Project Process Area
- Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area
- Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resources Management, and Quality Management;
- Agreement Process Area
The Systems Engineer shall have demonstrated the following skills:
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
Additional contract or position specific required experience (skills, technologies, domains):
- A Bachelor's degree in a Qualified Engineer Field (see note 1 below) or a related discipline (see note 2 below) from an accredited college or university plus fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of general system engineering experience OR
- A Master's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (see note 1 below) or a related discipline (see note 2 below) from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (see note 1 below) or a related discipline (see note 2 below) from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience.
*Note 1 - Examples of Qualified Engineering Fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
- DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF)
- Tactical SIGINT
- Project or Technical Management
*Note 2 - Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.