|POSITION: Senior Configuration Management/Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
This position support is client-facing and will have responsibility for performing all aspects of SCCM planning, setup, deployment and maintenance. Provide technical architecture guidance and leadership for various areas to include design and develop highly complex, integrated solutions through tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost effective delivery of services or fielding of successful products. Perform testing and integration of computer systems, subsystems and components for over 3000 Tactical IT clients and ensuring this configuration is kept up to date using Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) environment. The contractor will use SCCM infrastructure systems management tools for baselining, assessing, deploying, updating, and managing the organizations device and application enterprise to ensure compliance with the agency's IT Enterprise level process in accordance with Y5 and TS oversight policies and procedures. This contractor will assist with implementing new system hardware, software architecture, design, and provide input to developing operating procedures and policies as needed or requested.
- Capture complete baseline of Y4D141 deployed hardware and software architectures, including Data Flow components, and policies, and being responsible for high integrity configuration management process IAW DIRNSA Secure The Net (STN) thrust.
- Conduct close liaison and technical exchange with Government and Microsoft Contractor Premier Field Engineers.
- Implement, administer, configure, monitoring, and maintaining SCCM Enterprise health in a virtualized environment.
- Create and manage Windows desktop deployment automation architecture, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), to include design\migration deployment infrastructure of physical and virtual Systems, Servers, and Workstations.
- Creation, testing, and deploying Operation System images\builds, packages, and scripts.
- Creating Enterprise-wide formal test plans and procedures for newly deployed Tactical IT configurations.
- Performing general system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Contribute to development and ongoing improvement of industry best practices and standards for deploying enterprise desktop technologies.
- Knowledge of the Windows registry, interaction of drivers within the OS, and unattended/silent installs of Windows operating systems.
- Deploy, install and administer Microsoft Office products.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to ensure technical solutions are compatible with the company's business needs and strategic objectives.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and strategic recommendations to other IT groups.
- Create and troubleshoot software deployments and packages.
- Develop process documentation for updates and software deployments.
- Perform routine Server Administration including applying security patches and responding to Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs).
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- A Bachelor's Degree in a qualified Engineering Field (Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management) or a related discipline (Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics) from an accredited college or university plus fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience. In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, a High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of general systems engineering experience.
- A Master's Degree in a qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager with at least 1 year on current version - System Center 2012
- At least 3 years’ experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing Active Directory Users, Computers, and Group Policies
- At least 3 years’ experience in VMWare Infrastructure (VMware ESXi)
- At least 2 years’ experience in scripting technologies, PowerShell, and VBScript
- Extensive knowledge of PC/Server hardware and software maintenance and deployment
- Readiness to travel, if required
HIGHLY DESIRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Certified System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- CompTIA Security + Certification
- Prior Military service or support of government customers. Direct support to SOCOM and/or JSOC is a strong plus.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies, such as VMware
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP
- Knowledge of Direct Attached Storage, Network Attached Storage, and Fiber Channel Storage Area Network
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies (GPOs)
- Knowledge of Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
- Knowledge of Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS)
- Scripting – particularly Power Shell
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
- Knowledge of multiple processor systems, RAID hardware, SCSI attached, and storage area network solutions, preferably experience with HP and EMC hardware.
- Knowledge of data backup, replication, and encryption technologies, preferably experience with Symantec Netbackup, and VMWare and EMC technologies
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN network infrastructure technologies, preferably experience with Orion SolarWinds
- Knowledge of HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, SSH, TELNET, SNMP, FTP
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.