|POSITION: Integration Systems Engineer / Business System Architect (SE6)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with Polygraph (must have prior to applying)
- This new Capabilities Integration Planning position supports the Corporate Management Services office, within the Enterprise IT Services organization, within the Agency’s Capabilities directorate.
- The selected candidate (selectee) will lead the management of "As-Is" architectures and the development of "To-Be" architectures to support the modernization of the Agency’s corporate management (business) systems. In this capacity, the selectee will lead a multi-disciplined team of system engineers, architects, IT integration experts, program managers, and end-users to review, analyze, and evaluate existing solutions, requirements, and architectures to develop a "To-Be" architecture for CMS.
- The selectee will lead technical design, system integration, and supportability/performance/reliability/effectiveness analyses for As-Is business systems, and lead the design of "To-Be" architectures, which meet or exceed the long-range enterprise goals for CMS, Y4, and Capabilities.
- The selectee will perform assessments of business system architectures ("As-Is" and "To-Be") for compliance/consistency with the Agency’s EA, in support of engineering, programmatic and architecture review boards.
- The selectee will utilize architecture modeling tools and architecture frameworks (BEA, BRM, FEA, etc.) to ensure the "To-Be" architecture is developed in compliance with DoDAF/UAF and IC EA standards/requirements.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience, totaling eighteen (18) years of experience.
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty-four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
INDIVIDUALS IN THIS POSITION MUST HAVE:
- Familiarity with US Government business processes, especially financial, accounting, and acquisition processes.
- Ability to analyze business capabilities (e.g. interacting with functional, technical, and system design personnel to understand business effects and integration points).
- Deep understanding of data architecture approaches (e.g., DODAF, Zachman, UAF, TOGAF, JARM, etc.), industry standards and best practices (e.g., DMBOK).
- Ability to analyze interfaces and data flows, define/refine functional and physical interfaces (internal/external), and identify technical dependencies among multiple programs.
- Ability to describe technical capabilities and financial justification for agency programs, and to create a unified technical architecture.
- Ability to analyze functional requirements, system requirements, business process as-is and to-be diagrams, data flows, and high level system architecture to identify capabilities requiring integration planning.
- Ability to perform portfolio, program and project level requirements analysis and requirements allocation planning, which ensures integration and alignment of development and implementation activities across multiple development programs.
- Familiarity with modeling approaches such as Unified Modeling Language (UML), Business Process Modeling, and Data Modeling.
- Familiarity with the use and operation of Enterprise Architecture tools (e.g. System Architect, Magic Draw, Cameo Enterprise Architecture, SPARX, IBM Rhapsody, CORE or Power Designer Architecture Tool Suites).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- 5 or more years of experience as a lead systems engineer on complex or large projects.
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community and/or DoD acquisition lifecycles, software development methodologies, information security engineering concepts, cloud computing methodologies and/or SOA-enabling technologies.
- Intelligence Collection, Processing or Analysis; Information Assurance, or IT Infrastructure domain experience.
- INCOSE, ITIL, PMP, SAFe, Security+, Lean Six Sigma, or similar certifications.
- Familiarity with the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF) and business architecture frameworks (BEA, BRM, etc.) to ensure integrated architecture for business IT systems.
- COTS integration experience.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience, including PeopleSoft Financial application.
- Oracle database applications experience.
- Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) experience, including Pegasystems, BIZFLOW, and Oracle BPM tools.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.