|POSITION: Systems Engineer SME- Data Thread
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
This position is a data systems engineering role providing support and related services to the implementation of enterprise data representations in various mission domains. The successful individual will perform end-to-end systems engineering for data flows from the perspective of data format modeling, implementation, and support. This position requires strong systems engineering expertise from cradle to grave with limited, high-level direction, in the areas of:
- Performing high-level requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise. Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), Spiral, etc.) simultaneously.
- Possessing an instinctive aptitude to leverage information and knowledge sharing networks and navigate conflict in a way that fosters constructive outcomes.
The selected candidate will demonstrate the aptitude to learn and grow in the following areas:
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Integrating national and tactical data architectures into common microformats that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities
MANDATORY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience OR a High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of general system engineering experience OR a Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR a PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Ability to assemble, lead, and manage high-performing teams through an adaptive leadership style.
- Experience working in a matrix management construct with responsibility for technical outcomes while team leads are responsible for management, especially assignment and accountability of resources, to support specific threads.
- Experience creating thread reviews respective of assigned threads that clearly display the assigned set of use cases, mission outcomes, and measures of success.
- Experience providing insight into the various organizations’ priorities and “care-abouts” regarding assigned threads and report back to Y525 Leadership, particularly early on, and also provide reciprocal feedback from the Y525 Leadership to the partner organizations. Collaboration with these partner organizations will require interaction with civilian, military, and contractor staff of various experience levels to achieve outcomes.
- Provide analysis across the enterprise on implementation strategies, engineering processes, identification of gaps and needs, and efficiencies/duplication avoidance.
- Support development, decision tracking, and cross-thread analysis; working with other thread leads to further develop thread concepts, configuration management, prioritization of processes, and document decisions.
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of the business knowledge and enterprise data standards to implement strategies that benefit the enterprise.
- Knowledge of systems engineering documentation end-to-end to include, but not limited to DoDAF architecture products, CONOPS, ICD’s, capabilities documents, SEP’s, test plans, hardware & software design documentation, requirements specifications, design specifications, etc.
- Analysis of design and implementation alternatives, tradeoffs, and recommendations.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.