|POSITION: Senior Software Engineer
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
The incumbent candidate shall provide software engineering expertise to the Technology Transition organization at MPO. The customer currently maintains a large Microsoft Access database containing information related to technology transitions. Contractor support is being requested to support the operation, maintenance and extension of the database.
Specific Tasks to be performed will include:
- Routine monitoring of the Access database, to include ensuring that automated backups are functioning and managing backup files in accordance with the customer’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Updating and maintaining technical documentation
- Resolve discrepancies with the database and its MS Visual Basic interface.
- Add additional features to the database as approved by the customer
- Investigate and, if appropriate, move the database back-end behind a VPN
- Long term, investigate options for moving the database backend from MS to a corporately supported RDBMS.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of ten (10) years pf software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering Field or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree, totaling fourteen (14) years of experience.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Relational database design and management
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- MS Visual Basic for Applications
- MS Access query, form and report design
- Experience in:
- The transition and decommission of legacy software systems.
- Producing and/or interpreting architectural documentation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.