*NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY IN BID STAGE. CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED IN 1Q FY19*
POSITION: Vetting Technical Support Specialist
LOCATION: Washington DC
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Top Secret (Hold at time of Application)
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Bachelor Degree (preferred)
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: 4 years biometric enrollment systems in OCONUS field
Description: Contract will support language-related support to assigned Department of State Regional Security Offices worldwide; specific services will include interpreting, translating transcription, validation, and summarizing. Additional support includes linguistic support to Investigations.
- A minimum of four years of experience maintaining U.S. Government biometric enrollment systems in the field overseas (including mobile biometric systems).
- Experience identifying and resolving network connectivity issues, and conducting software upgrades, hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptop computers and mobile biometric systems.
- The ability to develop and conduct training on biometric enrollment systems including mobile biometric enrolment systems.
- Must have experience with CELLEX collection and analysis.
- Must be able to independently conduct CELLEX uploads, exploitations, and interpretation of results using either the SOFEX platform or other classified exploitation systems.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize multiple and sometimes conflicting and complex tasks.
- Must be able to operate as part of a team, cooperate effectively with other team members, and be mission focused.
- Must be in good physical condition with no health deficiencies, either temporary or long-lasting, that would impair performance of duties
- Must be US citizen
- Maintain and service all biometric and peripheral equipment required to enroll, process, and vet personnel (the Diplomatic Security Identity Assurance System and associated peripherals, other mobile biometric collection systems, etc.), to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, maintenance, and network management.
- Responsible for working with relevant personnel to identify and resolve network connectivity issues, conduct software and hardware upgrades, and performance of general maintenance of laptops, peripherals, and mobile biometric equipment.
- Input and submit (on a daily basis) RSO-designated investigative checks (i.e., Name Checks and Interagency Checks) and provide results to Identity Intelligence Analysts for review.
- Perform document and media exploitation and train other vetting personnel on the use of document and media exploitation equipment.
- Perform Temporary Duty at any RSO Office world-wide to provide vetting technical support to the RSO mission of vetting locally engaged staff employees and job applicants.
- Design, develop, prepare, and conduct training based on established course materials for biometric systems including mobile biometric equipment.
- Assist in the management and procurement of consumables associated with theDepartment’s biometric enrollment devices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules). The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.