*NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY IN BID STAGE. CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED IN 1Q FY19*
POSITION: Vetting Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Washington DC
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Secret (Hold at time of Application)
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Bachelor Degree (preferred)
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: 2 years
Description: Contract will support language-related support to assigned Department of State Regional Security Offices worldwide; specific services will include interpreting, translating transcription, validation, and summarizing. Additional support includes linguistic support to Investigations.
- Excellent command of the English language with the ability to communication effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience working in a high-threat environment and experience with U.S. Department of State security operations preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and should possess advanced web search techniques and understanding of current workplace technology.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with individuals or groups from various levels and backgrounds.
- Must be able to operate as part of a team, cooperate effectively with other team members, and be mission focused.
- Must be in good physical condition with no health deficiencies, either temporary or long-lasting, that would impair performance of duties in order to perform overseas travel to high threat locations that may involve extended travel time and exposure to dangerous conditions that require use of personal protective equipment while exercising special safety precautions.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Must be US citizen
Case Processing and Customer Service
- Support the vetting program designed to clear both host country nationals and third country nationals for access to Chief of Mission facilities or recommend their denial of access.
- Maintains case files on third country nationals and local national applicants/employees.
- Receive, open and close cases in the case tracking database.
- Upload supporting documents including personally identifiable information and security sensitive documents.
- Schedule applicants for investigative interviews, polygraph exams, and biometric enrollment appointments.
- Utilize DSIAS to biometrically enroll locally employed staff and job applicants at U.S. Embassies and Consulates world-wide.
- Perform database checks of job applicants using TECS, CCD and other appropriate databases.
- Communicates orally and in writing, directly with applicants, sponsors, American supervisors, and contractor personnel as required
- Completes Visit Access Requests for visitors to DS Headquarters buildings.
- Arrange building and computer access, and phone issuance for new CCV employees.
- Confirm flight itineraries, submit visa applications, and submit Electronic Country Clearances (eCC).
- Maintain expendable supplies and reorder supplies using the Departments Ariba ordering system.
- Submit CCV employee and contractor payroll forms to payroll after review of USG direct-hire supervisor.
- Participate in foreign travel for the purpose of deploying DSIAS to new locations at U.S. Embassies and Consulates. This duty includes providing training to Foreign Service National Investigators on DSIAS and conducting mass enrollments of locally employed staff into DSIAS.
- Perform Temporary Duty at any RSO Office world-wide to work as a Vetting Administrative Assistant to support the RSO mission of vetting locally engaged staff employees and job applicants.
- Undertake any other auxiliary duties as assigned to support the DS/ICI/CCV mission.
- Ensure the proper storage and maintenance of accumulated data (classified and unclassified).
Information Gathering & Dissemination
- Review and process all cases in online case management systems. Such cases include all Third Country Nationals, all Locally Employed Staff (direct-hire and contractor), and all vendors and irregular visitors to post who are classified as Day Workers.
- Responsible for approving (quality control) all acceptable cases in online case management systems that meet predetermined guidelines and requirements, while rejecting all cases which are incomplete, require corrections, or those that are missing the required supporting document attachments.
- Works directly with the RSO Badge Office to ensure that all un-cleared personnel requesting Embassy badges have valid security certificates.
- Prepare applicant case files for adjudication after the completion of the entire vetting process.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with customers and all constituents.
- Summarize and disseminate derogatory case information for nomination to various law enforcement and intelligence watch lists. Writes memorandums for inclusion with watch list nominations.
- Gathers statistics from the case tracking database and presenting them to Case Managers and Case Agents for analysis; to include statistics on open/closed cases, cases pending adjudication, and overdue cases.
- Communicates directly with applicants and their sponsors to provide and receive information relevant to the investigative process.
- Monitors and manages the primary email box used by the entire CCV Vetting unit while exercising discretion on which communications to forward, prioritize, and archive.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, executive orders, and directives promulgated by Congress, the Secretary of State, and the Director of National Intelligence to achieve goals and objectives.
- Research, review, and verify information from vetting applicants for review and release to other US Government agencies by an ARSO.
- Conduct and analyzes background record checks and manages all results and data received from DS/PSS and other investigative databases.
- Coordinate with ARSO supervisor on case status and derogatory information received and assists with locating case files on short notice.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules). The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.