*NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY IN BID STAGE. CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED IN 1Q FY19*
POSITION: Investigative Assistant
LOCATION: Washington DC
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Secret or Top Secret (Must have at time of application)
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: 2 years Department of State or similar experience
Description: Contract will support language-related support to assigned Department of State Regional Security Offices worldwide; specific services will include interpreting, translating transcription, validation, and summarizing. Additional support includes linguistic support to Investigations.
- Excellent command of both the English and the target language(s), as specified in Section Exhibit 1. Demonstrated language proficiency for English and the target language(s) of at least S4 (speaking) and R4 (reading), as classified by the U.S. Department of State’s Schoolof Language Studies, or at the Superior level, as classified by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL). Other equivalent commercial proficiency and testing standards will be accepted if approved by the COR.
- Knowledge of host country culture, traditions, and customs is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a high-threat environment and experience with U.S. Department of State security operations are strongly preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and should possess advanced web search techniques and understanding of current workplace technology.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with individuals or groups from various levels and backgrounds.
- All linguists must be capable of performing the following duties, as may be assigned at any time:
a. Monitoring (listening to), translating and synopsizing content of real-time oral
b. Preparing typed English translations from other source media.
c. Performing quality control reviews of completed work.
d. Validating the accuracy of completed translations and transcriptions. e. Interpreting oral conversations, concurrently/simultaneously
- Must be in good physical condition with no health deficiencies, either temporary or long- lasting, that would impair performance of duties.
- Must possess strong customer service skills
Information Gathering & Dissemination
- Maintains case files on third country nationals and local national applicants/employees.
- Receiving, opening and closing cases in the case tracking database.
- Uploading supporting documents including personally identifiable information and security sensitive documents.
- Schedules applicants for investigative interviews, fingerprint and biometric appointments.
- Arranges for transportation of all applicants within the International Zone.
- Conduct biometric enrollments.
- Perform record checks on biometrics by submission to USG agencies.
- Creating/producing security certifications for RSO signature.
- Communicates orally and in writing, in both English and Arabic, directly with applicants, sponsors, American supervisors, and contractor personnel as required.
- Completes daily Visit Access Requests for applicants requiring entry to the U.S. Embassy compound for vetting investigations, biometric enrollment, and badge issuance.
- Arrange housing, phone issuance, and transportation for TDY visitors.
- Confirm flight itineraries and submit Electronic Country Clearances (eCC).
- Maintain expendable supplies and reorder supplies using the Departments Ariba ordering system.
- Submit LES payroll forms to payroll after review of USG direct-hire supervisor.
- Summarizes and disseminates derogatory case information for nomination to various law enforcement and intelligence watch lists.
- Responsible for gathering statistics from the case tracking database and presenting them to Case Managers and Case Agents for analysis; to include statistics on open/closed cases, cases pending adjudication, and overdue cases.
- Communicates directly with applicants and their sponsors to provide and receive information relevant to the investigative process.
- Monitors and manages the primary email box used by the entire RSO Vetting unit while exercising discretion on which communications to forward, prioritize, and archive.
- Responsible for gathering statistics from the case tracking database and presenting them to Case Managers and Case Agents for analysis; to include statistics on open/closed cases, cases pending adjudication, and overdue cases
Case Processing and Customer Service
- Researches, reviews, and complies information from vetting applicants for review and release to other US Government agencies by an ARSO.
- Conducts and analyzes background record checks and manages all results and data received from DS/PSS and other investigative databases.
- Coordinates with ARSO supervisor on case status and derogatory information received and assists with locating case files on a short notice.
- Reviews and processes all cases in the DS-PASS online application. Such cases include all Third Country Nationals, all Locally Employed Staff (direct-hire and contractor), and all vendors and irregular visitors to post who are classified as Day Workers.
- Responsible for approving (quality control) all acceptable cases DS-PASS that meet predetermined guidelines and requirements, while rejecting all cases which are incomplete, require corrections, or those that are missing the required supporting document attachments.
- Works directly with the RSO Badge Office to ensure that all un-cleared personnel requesting Embassy badges have valid security certificates.
- Prepares applicant case files for adjudication after the completion of the entire vetting process.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with customers and all constituents.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules). The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.