POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer- Distributed Common Ground Systems (DCGS)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
- The DCGS Systems Engineer will work directly with the Distributed Common Ground/Surface System (DCGS) Team and be responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining Windows and Linux servers and workstations. This position will also support all of the DCGS Team activities to include Tactical SIGINT integration and National Tactical integration, STORMFORCE, and testing efforts for a variety of challenging tactical SIGINT Interoperability initiatives.
- Candidate will facilitate discovery of technical solutions and work with U.S. and international government, military, and industry stakeholders to test and validate solutions. Candidate should be familiar with and able to coordinate with a variety of national and tactical SIGINT capabilities, including Theater Netcentric Geolocation (TNG) capabilities at both the National and service level. Candidate will participate in live test events.
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel; with up to a one month trip annually, to support STORMFORCE and several shorter (up to one week) trips to support STORMFORCE, DCGS, and other activities, as needed. Candidate must have the ability to lift up to 40lbs to help load/unload equipment and supplies for STORMFORCE.
- A working knowledge of the following is required: NSAnet architecture and policies, Windows/Linux systems administration and security best practices, setting up a SIPR domain, guards/cross-domain solutions, networking environments and performance monitoring, network optimization and security.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field (Computer Science, Chemistry, Information Systems, Math, Physics) or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master's degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience.
PREFERRED/HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with administration of various Windows (desktop and server) and Linux operating systems (CENTOS 6/7) to include but not limited to software installation, account management, IAVA compliance, update management and security baseline maintenance.
- Knowledge of the enterprise STE/STN requirements and solutions.
- Experience with RF radio technology (S,L & C Band) and modeling RF in various environments.
- Experience with establishing radio frequency (RF) networks both point to point and mesh.
- Experience with the approvals process for establishing RF networks and associated documentation.
- Experience with spectrum survey and management
- Experience with Confluence and JIRA collaboration software
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel; with up to a one month trip yearly to support STORMFORCE and several shorter (up to one week) trips to support STORMFORCE, DCGS, and other activities, as needed.
- Candidate will be responsible for tracking property and be familiar with inventory best practices and procedures.
- Experience with NSA Security Directives, Policies, Publications and Regulations.
- Knowledge of systems engineering documentation end-to-end to include, but not limited to DoDAF architecture products, CONOPS, ICD’s, capabilities documents, SEP’s, test plans, hardware & software design documentation, requirements specifications, design specifications, etc.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Experience working with international intelligence partners.
- Working knowledge of data sharing and interoperability of SIGINT data, information, and services across the tactical environment and/or DCGS/DI2E and Cryptologic Enterprises.
- Working knowledge of COMSEC to include key management, accounting and distribution.
- The ability and willingness to carry out other than assigned tasks in order to accomplish the mission.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Experience working with international intelligence partners.
- Previous hands-on experience working with U.S. DOD ISR, DCGS/DI2E community.
- Working knowledge of existing challenges related to SIGINT information sharing guidance and policies.
- Working knowledge of data sharing and interoperability of SIGINT data, information, and services across the DCGS/DI2E and Cryptologic Enterprises.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.