Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Leahy Vetter to support the Department’s implementation of the Leahy law, specifically with regard to vetting candidates for assistance.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Use the internet and classified databases, when relevant, to check security forces members’ and/or units’ name for derogatory information. If no derogatory information has been uncovered, approve request utilizing INVEST, the State Department’s official system of record keeping for Leahy vetting. If derogatory information has been found, inform responsible DRL officer, regional bureau vetting POC and work with relevant offices to verify the hit.
- Complete vetting searches within designate time frame, e.g. within 10 working day of receipt from post.
- Compile data on office vetting requests. Provide periodic reports to management on vetting case load.
- Make recommendations on vetting procedure, when requested by management.
- Participate in bureau meetings on issues related to human rights vetting.
- Using open source and classified resources develop foreign country security force organizational charts.
- Map credible allegations of gross violations of human rights, geographically, functionally and in time. Advise which foreign units are ineligible for security assistance.
- Provide support to developing individual country remediation strategies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop professional working relationships with officers throughout the Department and with other foreign affairs agencies.
- Knowledge of research and analytical methods to validate, evaluate, and interpret information obtained from a variety of sources.
- Skill in oral and written communications to prepare and present analysis, to defend recommendations and proposals, and to participate in meetings and discussions.
- Skill in using open source and classified information sources to map foreign security force units and actions geographically and functionally.
- Familiarity with individuals, organizations and other sources of expertise in the field of human rights in security assistance activities in the academic and non-governmental sector.
- Key personnel must have a minimum of a BA Degree and 2 years professional experience
Clearance Requirement – Top Secret/SCI **Must hold active SECRET clearance at time of application
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.