|POSITION: Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
This position provides systems engineering support and related services to Cryptographic Physical Products Modernization (CPPM) Program Management Office within the Cryptographic Assurance Operations (CAO) Organization. The incumbent employee shall:
- Provide systems engineering and architecture support in the areas of architecture and standards, systems engineering integration, evaluation and testing, systems engineering implementation, and application services to the CPPM program.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend potential network and security architectures for the underlying infrastructure on which CAO will develop, test, and operate lifecycle of physical production from ordering through production and distribution.
- Analyze the user requirements, concept of operations, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirement specifications.
- Assist with the development of system requirements and functional requirements, as well as assist with deriving lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements.
- Employs Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g. identification, authentication, access control, accountability) and Security Mechanism Technology (passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.).
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of work products in Technical Process Areas associated with ISO/IEC 15288.
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation.
- Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation).
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of ten (10) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, for a total of eight (8) years of experience OR
- A high school diploma or GED plus fourteen (14) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Experience coordinating development projects.
- Analysis of design and implementation alternatives, tradeoffs, and recommendations.
- Analysis of functional, system, and non-functional requirements, data flows, and dependencies
- Architecture experience (DoDAF).
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.