Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Office Administrator to support the Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/FO).
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret - required at time of application
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the Senior Advisor by monitoring and reviewing all incoming and outgoing correspondence/action and determining the proper action to be taken, with consultation only as necessary.
- Forward assignments to appropriate staff members.
- Apply editorial skills and knowledge in proofreading and edit completed work to ensure that the proper clearances and coordination have been obtained and completed assignments meet objectives.
- Applies overall knowledge of the office functions to screen and route material of a special interest or sensitive nature directly to the Office Director when appropriate.
- Maintain Senior Advisor’s calendar and schedule meetings, both internally and externally, and speaking engagements
- Ensure time and attendance on TATEL is accurate.
- Serve as the Travel Arranger for FO individuals as necessary, including preparing travel authorizations, obtaining visas and making reservations; working with the OES-DRL/EX Travel Team in closing out travel vouchers; and uploading receipts.
- Assist in orienting and on-boarding new Bureau employees, including through regular outreach to individual offices and the EX team to know of new arrivals.
- Assist in data entry for annual performance evaluations of staff via ePerformance software system
- Guiding FO procurement of office supplies.
- Keep office phone lists, safe combination information, and other internal information up to date and distributed on an as-needed basis.
- Provide courteous and responsive service to visitors and callers, including by answering the phone and buzzing visitors in to the suite, and escorting visitors for the FO and others as appropriate within the building.
- Run errands related to State Department business as necessary. Photocopy and fax documents.
- Track travel and office expenses as needed
- Make repair, cleaning, and physical maintenance requests as necessary.
- Provide escort to char force as appropriate.
- Maintain business contact lists (e.g. by scanning business cards and maintaining database of contacts) for the PDAS.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Bureau Sharepoint website.
- Proofread and properly format papers submitted for FO review
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Exercising independent judgment and assist in providing technical assistance in performing and executing most duties.
- With, assistance help to makes recommendations to promote efficiency and productivity and fulfill mission requirements.
- Processing time and attendance via TATEL.
- Arranging for staff travel through the E2Solutions travel management software system.
- Assist in managing the Senior Advisor’s performance management process and yearly staff evaluations, including through the ePerformance software system.
- Procuring office supplies via Ariba system Scheduling meetings and ensuring appropriate calendar accuracy. General word-processing and other office support functions