|POSITION: Systems Engineer Subject Matter Expert
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
The incumbent employee shall provide direct system engineering support and related services to the Mission Management Investment Portfolio (MMIP) Manager for Transitioning & Decommissioning (T&D) Activities.
- Support mission operations and capability development systems teams including Programs Managers, Technical Leads, Mission Leads, and Systems Engineers of MMIP systems with transitioning activities for legacy mission systems to replacement or newer technology systems and decommissioning systems which no longer provide needed functionality or which cannot continue to be sustained.
- Collaborate across MMIP-funded organizations to provide integration support to assist with T&D activities identified and specified by the Government Lead. Coordinate T&D efforts to keep MMIP leaders informed of Enterprise methods, policies, and procedures for T&D activities.
- Provide/make available T&D artifacts (i.e. Templates) and working aids (i.e. T&D criteria, workflows) to project T&D teams across the MMIP to use as a guide for documenting processes and plans for systems undergoing transition/decommission.
- Assist with identifying the correct stakeholders for MMIP projects, reporting to the Government Lead on a regular basis such as at the regularly-scheduled T&D sync meetings. Encourage the project T&D teams across the MMIP regarding engagement with Enterprise- and MMIP-specific T&D processes.
- Identify and provide recommendations to the Government Lead via the regularly-scheduled T&D sync meetings and email monthly status reports regarding entries.
- Produce a roadmap schedule utilizing MS-PROJECT within the first 45 calendar days of TTO performance depicting MMIP systems and/or projects identified for T&D activities. Identify T&D deliverables and/or milestones for each entity represented on the roadmap.
- Provide assistance and guidance for system teams in order to accelerate schedules, mitigate risks, and refresh performance during transitioning and /or decommissioning.
- Create within the first 45 calendar days of TTO performance a T&D collaboration website for use across the MMIP projects and funded organizations to capture T&D processes, meetings minutes, and T&D plans for sharing the best practices.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of general system engineering experience
OTHER REQUIRED CAPABILITIES:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.