|POSITION: Systems Engineer Subject Matter Expert
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
Open position on a Technical Governance team supporting enterprise systems engineering for the Presentation Product portfolio. In this capacity, the selected candidate will participate in a team that provides engineering and integration analysis, architecture, technology trade studies, requirements and systems analysis, and technical planning and support. Work required across the portfolio includes:
- Provide leadership and guidance, manage individual assigned tasks to schedule, and drive communication and engagement with stakeholders and the team of AEA engineers.
- Provide systems engineering, technical analysis and guidance to support response to corporate mission needs affecting tools/systems within their portfolio.
- Provide relevant mission and tool understanding to investigate and triage mission needs to discover and document potential impacts.
- Engage and collaborate with tool owners and development teams to analyze, investigate, discover and document technical assessments and responses related to mission needs affecting the portfolio.
- Work with customer to aid in discovery of service duplication and/or efficiencies across the organization.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of general system engineering experience
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of stakeholders and manage politically charged environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts.
- Ability to work independently and in groups to complete tasks bounded by constraints.
- Ability to breakdown complex problem space, formulate technical strategies, build action plans, and track progress against established baselines to resolve technical challenges and meet customer expectations.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer’s overall mission areas.
- Rich/robust experience in basic systems engineering across a majority of systems engineering “V”.
- Systems engineering experience from both technical and programmatic perspectives.
- Experience providing analysis of functional, system and non-functional requirements, data flows and dependencies.
- Familiar with the principles and concepts of Service Oriented Architectures including Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), data management, and containerization.
- Some experience in project management.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.