|POSITION: Part-Time Senior Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Coordinate, conduct, and perform technical reviews of Government selected program/project documentation including: Systems Engineering Plans (SEPs), Information Support Plans (ISPs), Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPs), and Functional Requirements Documents (FRDs)
- Identify conflicts with DoD, Intelligence Community (IC), and NSA/CSS policies, architecture, standards, and enterprise technical guidance.
- Review documentation for systems engineering and interoperability issues/risks, prepare technical comments and rationale, consolidate comment matrix and adjudicate program/project responses.
- Review the SE Doc Review process, promulgate lessons learned, and prepare briefings and white papers to support SE Doc Review activities.
MANDATORY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of general system engineering experience
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Significant system engineering experience in the Intelligence Community (IC)
- System Engineering documentation expertise, knowledge of DoD and ODNI systems engineering document requirements, familiarity with DAU acquisition engineering requirements.
- Familiarity with IC system engineering policies, directives, and regulations.
- Skilled communicator, able to collaborate with program management, lead system engineers (LSE), engineer review boards, and working groups.
- Ability to provide guidance to program offices and engineer leads in facilitating/coordinating engineer documents, host technical exchange meetings, and brief organizational document review processes.
- Maintain library of program acquisition engineering documentation requirements and document templates/examples.
- Ability to lead document reviews; ensure target dates for completion are met; facilitate consolidation of comments; track status of comments matrix during adjudication process.
- Maintain list of lessons learned.
DESIRED / PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Acquisition program system engineering experience
- Able to maintain SharePoint portal to include templates and references.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.