|POSITION: Systems Engineer SME
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
The incumbent Systems Engineer SME will provide system engineering expertise to the Operations Directorate to support the analysis and management of the high-level- end-to-end requirements process. The SE will be responsible for coordinating all activities pertaining to the development, documentation and maintenance of the high-level end-to-end requirements process.
- Support decisions making through requirements analysis and recommended courses of actions
- Support oversight and integration of resources
- Perform dependency analysis and strategy linkage across Agency IPs, as well as review and analyze requirements at multiple levels of detail, cross-correlate them, identify gaps, identify duplicates, and align them to C&O priorities. Tasks shall include:
- Defining and documenting operations and maintenance concepts leading to the development of system requirements and/or specifications
- Developing system specifications and/or design plans, functional analysis and allocation including decomposition of requirements to low-level functions
- Allocating performance and other limiting requirements to all functional levels, defining and refining internal and external functional interfaces
- Provide process documentation such as: flow charts, check lists, narrative descriptions, and standard operation procedures documents (SOPs)
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of general system engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR a PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience.
- Significant system engineering experience in the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Familiarity with IC system engineering policies, directives, and regulations.
- Well-honed communication skills, able to collaborate with program management, lead system engineers (LSE), engineer review boards, and working groups.
- Ability to provide guidance to program offices and engineer leads in facilitating/coordinating engineer documents, host technical exchange meetings, and brief organizational document review processes.
- Ability to lead document reviews; ensure target dates for completion are met; facilitate consolidation of comments; track status of comments matrix during adjudication process.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
DESIRED / PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 or more years of experience in writing and/or managing Mission needs and/or functional requirements.
- Experience in producing and interpreting architectural documentation.
- Experience in program and/or project management highly desired.
- Experience with IC industry and customer
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Strong in writing and communications skills.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.