|POSITION: Systems Engineer SME (Data Modeler / Mapper)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
This position provides Data Modeling and Mapping support to the Extended Enterprise for specific customer mission requirements to map legacy data formats to ASDF. Specific duties include:
- Define and analyze data requirements, map legacy data stores and formats to ASDF and customer domain PDMs.
- Analytical skills to perform primary research for protocols and technologies and apply them to the ASDF format mapping efforts.
- Ability to catch on quickly and be able to use this primary research to comprehend various technologies and apply this knowledge.
- Provide expertise in data harmonization and data modeling activities to support requirements and provide data modeling consulting to help Data Domain stakeholders develop new high quality data models and formats for exchange and storage in an agile fashion.
- Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Authorities and Stakeholder communities to discuss and perform requirements and impact analysis to understand the data elements in their domains, relationships among those elements and interdependencies between models.
- Develop and maintain domain logical data model artifacts: Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), Physical Data Models (PDM), Interface Control Documents (ICD), data format specifications, model release documentation, user guides, data harmonization and mappings.
- It would be helpful to find a candidate with TechSIGINT data experience or knowledge.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR a PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of general system engineering experience
- Extensive working knowledge and practical use of data modeling and mapping techniques.
- Experience with customer legacy data formats.
- Knowledge and use of ASDF.
- Working experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and XML technologies (XSDs and schemas, and XML generation), ontologies, and semantics.
- Possess great analytical and communication skills.
DESIRED / HIGHLY PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience/Knowledge of TechSIGINT data and Data Modeling/Mapping techniques.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of customers.
- Prior ASDF exposure
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.