|POSITION: Senior Software Engineer II
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
This Senior SWE2 position provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of client-assigned cloud-based systems for the Cryptographic Physical Product Modernization (CPPM) office. Manages systems’ infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. The SWE2 provides support to systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/ storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides support of the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages LINUX operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. The SWE2 will provide problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of development, test, and production software environments through established ticketing system. The SWE2 facilitates the deployment of web applications and services into the client's development and production environments
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree, totaling eighteen (18) years of experience.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Experience drafting documentation, such as FAQs and internal knowledge articles.
- Demonstrates customer-service focus and responsiveness.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with DEVOPS and containerization management
- Experience with Vrealize automation or VMWare Horizon View or VMWare NSX
- Experience with Tower Ansible or other (i.e., Puppet or Chef or Salt)
- Experience in software development processes and using ticketing systems like JIRA or Redmine.
DESIRED / HIGHLY PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience in SELinux Policy
- Experience in Network Access Server (NAS).
- Experience in Firewall Palo Alto or other Roughing/Firewall technology.
- Experience with Cross Domain Services.
- Experience with operating systems and network architectures.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.