Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant – Medical Clearance to support the Office of Medical Services (MED).
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Use great judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Interprets and adapts guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices, which are not always completely applicable to changing situations.
- Based on a knowledge of the supervisor's views, composes correspondence on own initiative about administrative matters and general office policies for supervisor's approval;
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the supervisor for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs supervisor on matters to be considered;
- Reads publications, regulations, and directives and takes action or refers those that are important to the supervisor and staff;
- Prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc., under general directions;
- Advises secretaries in subordinate offices on new procedures; requests information needed from the subordinate office(s) for periodic or special conferences, reports, inquiries, etc. Shift clerical staff to accommodate workload needs.
- Handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical or administrative functions of the office which often cannot be brought to the attention of the executive.
- Participate in developing the work deadlines. Duties include or are comparable to the following: Composes correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters; may sign for executive when technical or policy content has been authorized; Notes commitments made by executive during meetings and arranges for staff implementation.
- On own initiative, arranges for staff member to represent organization at conferences and meetings, establishes appointment priorities, or reschedules or refuses appointments or invitations;
- Reads outgoing correspondence for executive's approval and alerts writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive's viewpoints; gives advice to resolve the problems;
- Summarizes the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive; coordinates the new information with background office sources; draws attention to important parts or conflicts;
- In the executive's absence, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member; as needed, interprets request and helps implement action; makes sure that information is furnished in timely manner; decides whether executive should be notified of important or emergency matters.
- Acts as office manager for the executive's organization, e.g., determines when new procedures are needed for changing situations and devises and implements alternatives; revises or clarifies procedures to eliminate conflict or duplication; identifies and resolves various problems that affect the orderly flow of work in transactions with parties outside the organization.
- Prepares agenda for conferences; explains discussion topics to participants; drafts introductions and develops background information and prepares outlines for executive or staff member(s) to use in writing speeches.
- Advises' individuals outside the organization on the executive's views on major policies or current issues facing the organization; contacts or responds to contact from high-ranking outside officials (e.g., city or State officials, members of Congress, presidents of national unions or large national or international firms, etc.), in unique situations. These officials may be relatively inaccessible, and each contact typically must be handled differently, using judgment and discretion.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- 8-10 years of administrative/receptionist experience required;
- Excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills.
Clearance Requirement – SECRET **Clearance must be in place at time of application**
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.