Systems Engineer II, needed to support a new task on an existing project in Annapolis Junction, MD. This position supports government PM of several business infrastructure program. Requirements gathering/vetting, documentation reviews and general programmatic support.
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Implements comprehensive SOA solutions
Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures
using applicable DoDAF standards
- Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support maintenance, and disposal needs.
- Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.
- Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interface
- Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent function
- Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements,
considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions
- Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
- Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other
Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
- Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS)
documents (i.e.,Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy)
Clearance Requirement - TS/SCI with Polygraph
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.