|POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (Logical Data Models, CASE Tools/FOSS Tools)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI poly, FSP preferred)
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
This position provides Data Modeling and Mapping support to the DCGS and Tactical Community for specific customer mission requirements by mapping legacy data formats to and creating new formats within the enterprise microformat set. Specific duties include:
- Performing high-level requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise. Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), Spiral, etc.).
- Define and analyze data requirements, map legacy data stores and formats, create new data structures / microformats and perform architectural alignment with the ELDM and other enterprise formats.
- Analytical skills to perform primary research for protocols and technologies and apply them to the microformat creation and mapping efforts.
- Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Authorities and Stakeholder communities to discuss and perform requirements and impact analysis to understand the data elements in their domains, relationships among those elements and interdependencies between models.
- Develop and maintain domain logical data model artifacts: Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), Physical Data Models (PDM), Interface Control Documents (ICD), data format specifications, model release documentation, user guides, data harmonization and mappings.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of twenty (20) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree or PhD in a Qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience
- At least two (2) years of experience using CASE tools for model development to include either proprietary tools (ERWin, ERStudio, PowerDesigner) or FOSS tools (ArgoUML).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of customers.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and maintain and develop technical currency.
- Knowledge and use of BLOODYMARY, TSDF and/or ASDF data formats.
- Solid understanding of computer hardware, operating system software, firmware and network architecture.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.