Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Senior Videographer to join the Video Production team in the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of International Information Programs (IIP). The Videographer will produce video content used in public diplomacy supporting Embassies and Posts worldwide.
Clearance Requirement - SECRET (interim SECRET clearance acceptable)
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develops creative concept to implement creative brief (strategy and messaging) as identified by supervisor or EP; develops script, storyboard, outline or treatment for approval.
- Coordinates production elements including acquisition of content elements, which may include multi-media and interactive elements, as well as the typical gamut of interviews, location shots, b-roll, graphics, etc.
- Designs and implements feel and style of the video work product.
- Coordinates with stakeholders to ensure production is on-schedule and consistent with the initial brief.
- Works closely with talent/participants.
- May attend meetings with high-level USG officials.
- Teaches/trains others on mixed media use and production techniques.
- Work closely with team members and clients on project conceptualization and execution, which includes pitching ideas, drafting scripts, coordinating and directing shoots.
- Work independently to ensure the needed assets per project are acquired, projects stay on track and deadlines are met.
- Work on multiple projects at once, managing assigned workload and prioritizing deadlines.
- Work on projects which vary in length from short, quick turnaround projects which take a few hours, to projects that take several months to complete.
- Import (video) shoot content, convert and tag media as needed with metadata, generate rough cuts and final edits of short form videos including but not limited to promotional materials, PSAs, and 1-3 minute short documentary style pieces.
- Trains others on production principles, digital-first content creation optimized for social media engagement, marketing and distribution. Some experience preferred.
- Serve as an advisor/consultant to U.S. Embassies and American Spaces around the world to maximize the effectiveness of video in the digital space. Some experience maximizing the effectiveness of video in the digital space is preferred.
- Uses social media analytics to inform creative and content decisions in the production of new videos with an eye towards improving reach and engagement. Some experience preferred.
- Travels with the Department Secretary and routinely interacts with high-level (Cabinet-level or Ministerial-level) dignitaries from other countries. Must be highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change. Must be unflappable, flexible and good natured to deal with ever-evolving situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive travel is required (national and international) in stressful, high-energy, high-pressure situations. Must have ability to travel on short notice and deliver products under tight deadlines. Will include regular weekend work and long days.
- Work closely with Office staff to maintain and develop the technical capabilities of the video production field and edit gear, and Interactive studio suite, ensuring each conforms to industry standards as well as the unique challenges faced by IIP as it seeks to reach audiences in low-bandwidth areas. Some experience preferred.
- Excellent ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Must have professional, client-based experience as a non-linear video editor. Must be comfortable working with a variety of frame rates, sizes, and codecs. Must be proficient at color grading and creating custom deliverables. High proficiency with Adobe Premiere is a must, as well as a solid ability to utilize the entire Adobe CC15 suite including plugins from Red Giant and Video Copilot. The ability to edit under deadline and juggle multiple projects at once is key. Advanced non-linear video editing experience is required.
- Professional experience creating dynamic motion graphics. An expert knowledge and/or advanced knowledge in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a must.
- Must have solid professional experience creating digital-first content and integrating strategies, styles and techniques to optimize social media engagement.
- Must have advanced skills shooting video. Expert knowledge of camera equipment and video production kits used in a fast-paced “shoot and run” environment (e.g. Sony A7 series, gimbals, lights, audio recording etc.) is required.
- Expert knowledge of camera techniques used to capture compelling imagery in a “shoot and run” environment is required.
- Exercises superb editorial judgment for capturing newsworthy or historical events with an eye toward amplifying the Secretary’s messaging.
- Preferred is experience working within integrated communication campaigns teams.
- Experience using video assets with a MAM
- Professional experience producing content for social media distribution
- Public diplomacy experience is preferred.
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.