Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Program Specialist to provide support to the the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs.
Clearance Requirement - SECRET (must be active at time of application)
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist serves as the Principal liaison in a variety of activities related to the mission and functions of the overall office. In addition to receiving and directing visitors, the Program Specialist also serves as the primary point of contact to ensure efficiency of operation. Coordinating with office staff calendars, schedules, time and attendance, travel (E2) and shared documents, a successful administrative assistant provides managerial support to staff as needed in support of special events or activities.
- Coordinate and prepare briefing materials and issue papers for the Director, Deputy Director.
- Responsible for management of SharePoint Executive Office home page in support of organizational objectives.
- Arrange meetings for individuals and organizations on behalf of the Director, Deputy Director, and other officers as requested by Director. Reserve meeting rooms. Pre-clear and escort visitors.
- Integrates paper time and attendance documents into the electronic filing system (WEB TATEL). Serves as subject matter expert on time and attendance policy.
- Manages Travel arrangements for domestic and overseas trips.
- Serves as primary back up for Executive Director OMS.
- Receive incoming telephone calls and direct them to the appropriate staff members. Arrange for a back-up to receive calls in his/her absence.
- Assist Management Analyst and desk officers with the logistics of conferences and meetings.
- Organize and manage the appointments calendar for the Director, Deputy Director, and other officers as requested by Director. Cancel and reschedule appointments as necessary.
- Serves as the office in-processor for all new staff and interns. Prepare log-on requests and security badge requests. Introduce newcomers to WHA/EX HR personnel. Provide welcome kits.
- Pick up and distribute WHA/EX mail from the mail room.
- Order supplies and computer paper as needed. Keep storage area organized.
- Monitor classified and unclassified systems for taskers assigned to WHA/EX, logging them on the office tasker chart, bringing them to the attention of the appropriate person, noting the responsible person, and confirming when the tasker has been satisfactorily completed.
- Prepare documents to request diplomatic passport for staff members. Obtain visas for travelers in a timely manner, either through the Passport Office or hand-carried.
- Prepares e-Country Clearance requests for office staff and travelers.
- Assists in the process of obtaining Separate Maintenance Allowance requests for Foreign Service officers.
- Maintain staff and overseas telephone, e-mail, and emergency contacts on SharePoint, and the office’s electronic address collectives. Work closely with the desk officers and posts for timely updates.
- Expertise in establishing Travel arrangements via E2 systems
- Experience in coordinating with Staff at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of State Department Travel policies
- Experience with State Department specific administrative duties, including but not limited to, copying, faxing, filing, mail sorting and distribution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.