POSITION: Software Engineer Level 0
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Software Engineer to provide software development support on a classified contract.
REQUIRED Technical Skills:
- Develop, deploy, and maintain software in support of a digital signal processing architecture.
- The Software Engineer will play a critical role in developing and maintaining web interfaces and databases to analyze/present processing results to users and manage remote systems.
- The Software Engineer will also administer remote and local servers to ensure the security and stability of real-time processing systems and collaborate with other developers to engineer new capabilities.
- These technology efforts support current and future system deployments.
- The Software Engineer needs to have technical expertise and highly effective people skills to collaborate with fellow developers and researchers in a team environment.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and corrects defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Two plus (2+) years of experience with Python
- Basic user and system administration experience on Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of modern databases such as Elasticsearch, MySQL, or MongoDB
- No demonstrated experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.