The Program Analyst will provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the program management of DRL/GP of the Department of State. The Program Analyst will be responsible for ensuring effective execution of program requirements: establishing systematic methods of program execution, evaluation, or advocacy; assessing activities to determine funding requirements and to determine whether funding is warranted and available; analyzing program and budget proposals and presenting them to the State Department panels; preparing justification or recommendation memoranda for review and approval by appropriate officials; and providing follow-up problem-solving assistance, guideline interpretations, and technical consultations as required to applicants. The Program Analyst will assist with Departmental briefings to congressional staffers on these programs.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The Program Analyst represents and communicates DRL’s program objectives and policy to other State Department and U.S government offices involved in programming Democracy Fund and Human Rights and Democracy Funds (HRDF) and other transfer funding to include but not limited to regional bureaus, office of acquisitions management, office of the legal advisor, congressional Liaison office, office of management and budget and USAID offices
- They liaise and consult on program administration, financial planning and acquisition of programming funds
- The Program Analyst will respond to Congressional requests for information regarding programs and DRL program objectives. They will also provide information to the NGO community and other implementing organizations regarding the USG and DRL grants processes
- The Program Analyst maintains, updates and develops as necessary systems for the efficient and accessible retrieval of documents regarding the allocation, notification, transfer and implementation of Democracy Fund, HRDF, transfer funding, and special Congressionally-mandated funds, tracks the award of grants, maintains list of current grants and GORs, and collects and records narrative and financial reports. They will be responsible for maintaining the official DRL program and organizational files
- The Program Analyst will apply internal control measures to protect organizational integrity and prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of sensitive and classified material; report instances of security violations/problems to the appropriate supervisory/management official; assume full responsibility for safeguarding all classified and sensitive (but unclassified) material and equipment
- Coordinate with the grants officer representative in the administration and coordination of programs helping populations at risk
- Manage and coordinate up to $20M in program funding including gift contributions.
- Help develop goals, objectives and programs for utilization of the foreign assistance funding
- Monitor budget execution to ensure program objectives are met
- Collect grant documentation for review by decision-making committees who will select grant recipients within available funding levels
- Liaise with offices involved in administration, financial planning and acquisition of program funding
- Skillfully communicate verbally and in writing to provide briefings, status reviews, and advice upon request to the other DRL program staff and senior personnel on grant issues
- Work closely on DRL’s LGBTI team in pre-award, award, and ongoing management and monitoring of programs globally
- Must be able to travel globally to highly sensitive areas with little notice
- Must have experience in and knowledge of LGBTI issues, as well as a working knowledge of foreign assistance and international programming
Clearance Requirement - Secret
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.