Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Budget Assistant in the Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA) to effectively provide the support services as outlined below.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reviews invoices for proper certification and monitors available balances to determine if sufficient funds are available to pay the invoice;
- Informs appropriate budget analysts of any invoices that cannot be paid due to insufficient funds;
- Facilitates coordination between the program staffs, office of the Resource Management, and vendors to resolve accounts payable problems;
- Remains current with assigned program accounts and their relevant issues, determines the most advantageous position for the CA, and recommends solutions to account payable problems;
- Provides data support for financial reports on the status of CA program operations for functional programs;
- Monitors the use and rate of expenditures of program funds;
- Researches funding activities within each action office and reviews written documentation for the past and future program requirements;
- Examines the use of funds against planning targets for budgeted programs and identifies potential economies;
- Prepares detailed cost and program data for assigned projects in support of the preparation of the annual budget submission to the Department, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and Congress;
- Analyzes Departmental accounting reports and other information resources to generate these supportive data;
- Performs cost analysis using cost-benefit analysis, researching historical methods;
- Provides a variety of reports on the outstanding bills, interest, outstanding travel vouchers, training expenses, or the other subjects as assigned by the designated Government point of contact;
- Performs periodic reviews of unpaid obligations to ascertain the continued validity of such transactions;
- Monitors the status of the Bureau’s working capital fund and prepare reports detailing working capital expenses, by organization and identifies any unusual trends or discrepancies to the appropriate budget analyst for further investigation;
- Assists in executing the Bureau’s Washington imprest fund and refunds; reviews all requests for validity of request and availability of funds and assigns appropriate fiscal data to certified requests; provides information and guidance to all Bureau personnel regarding appropriate use of imprest funds and appropriate procedures; provides status updates on refund processing issues;
- Reviews prior year financial reports and researches records (requisitions, obligating documents and invoices) to ensure that obligations have been properly liquidated and ensure that duplicate payments have not been made by RM; advises appropriate budget analyst to make necessary corrections to financial reports; and
- Provides information and guidance to all CA offices on procedures, forms, and documentation required to support budget estimates and requests for funds.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft software/applications;
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills;
- Excellent customer service skills, including customer needs assessments, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; and
- Ability to interact effectively with others in particular, colleagues and personnel at various Department levels.
Clearance Requirement - SECRET
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.