Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Recruitment and Staffing Management Analyst supporting Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Medical Services, Office of Medical Professionals. Recruitment and Staffing Management Analyst, is responsible for assisting in MED’s recruitment outreach management initiatives to attract and retain diverse highly competent professional medical specialist workforce and responsible for coordinating and scheduling temporary duty (TDY) assignments for 5 MED Rover positions and over 30 WAE staff for 220 overseas posts. MED has 200+ direct hire Foreign Service Medical Specialist (Regional Medical Officer [RMO], Regional Medical Psychiatrist [RMOP], Medical Provider (MP), and Regional Medical Laboratory Scientist [RMLS]) positions – posted in Washington, DC and abroad.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Recruitment planning and strategy
2. WAE/TDY Coordination and scheduling
- Assist Bureau achieve the mission and goal of improving the recruitment and retention of medical and healthcare personnel. Create, maintain, and update the electronic database for MED/CS/HS/OH, Domestic Programs (DP).
- Lead recruitment activities for Foreign Service Medical Specialists - and integration of effort with HR/REE. The position entails coordination of the external recruitment efforts recruitment contract firms and personnel, colleges and universities, job fairs, and professional conferences to hire and maintain a capable and committed medical workforce throughout MED.
- Serve as a Foreign Service Medical Specialist recruitment program manager; prioritizes efforts and resources to address requirements. Work closely with Bureau leadership to determine staffing requirements, identify recruitment and retention barriers, and develop recruitment and retention packages targeted to maintain a highly skilled and adequate staffing level.
- Work closely with HR/REE to develop, plan and identify current areas of need and set appropriate recruitment goals.
- Develop, coordinate and/or execute plans to initiate and maintain a highly visible recruitment program to stimulate interest and attract qualified applicants for Foreign Service medical occupations
- Serve as technical expert on human capital solutions that focus on the development and execution of recruitment plans, strategies, and innovative business practices. Provide technical advice and assistance to supervisors and management personnel regarding available flexibilities, incentives and best practices.
- Apply broad technical knowledge of the development and use of short and long range staffing plans and strategic recruitment.
- Make personal contacts and work with representatives of medical/health organizations, educational institutions, professional or trade associations, news media, public employment services, and other activities necessary to develop viable recruitment sources and to attract potentially qualified applicants.
- Design, plan, coordinate and participate in recruitment trips such as job fairs, professional medical conventions, seminars, and conferences to establish contacts and recruit and attract qualified applicants.
- Apply a variety of complex medical regulations and requirements associated with such issues as credentialing procedures, Physicians Comparability Allowance, special salary rates, licensure/review. Monitor Applicant Tracking System. Monitor outreach efforts; study and develop strategies and techniques to effectively utilize various sources of potential job applicants.
- Review, revise, and when needed develop, establish and implement standard operational policy and procedure for the uniform application of all administrative and operational policies and procedures regarding the fill of medical and healthcare positions. Review administrative and technical procedures to assure maximum efficiency, economy, and effectiveness of operations.
- Provide advice and or render decisions on complex determinations unresolved by others or specific operations on a continuous basis through review of completed work and assessment of results obtained.
3. Special Projects and Assignments
- Coordinate scheduling of 5 MED Rover positions and over 30 WAE staff physicians, medical providers, psychiatrists, nurses, laboratory specialists who fill critical staffing needs at posts with extended medical specialist coverage gaps. By utilizing significant forward planning, schedule coordination, and quick, well-reasoned decision making.
- Prepare eCountry clearance requests.
- Prepare travel authorization requests.
- Track availability and location of WAE staff.
- Monitor used and available hours for WAE contract year.
- Prepare diplomatic passport renewal requests.
- Prepare visa applications.
- Generate monthly reports summarizing travel, WAE staff and hours used.
- Research and analyze legislation, regulation, guidelines and decisions related to the department recruitment and workforce planning program and analyze continuing problems to offer recommendations for resolutions. Review new legislation and other federal government issuance, such as OPM issuance, for their impact on the Bureau. Make recommendations as to the extent or applicability and participate in identifying the need for developing new revised policy and procedure.
At least Five (5) years’ experience in recruitment, staffing, credential management and other Human resources functions
- In depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and other social media tools utilized in recruiting and staffing.
- Knowledge of E2 or other web based tools utilized for the scheduling and management of travel
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Products
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
Clearance Requirement – SECRET **Clearance must be in place at time of application**
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.